Tuesday, May 16, 2006

My puppy

This is a picture of my puppy Rufus. Kris is rubbing his ears. He loves to have his ears rubbed. He just got back from the doctor today. Last night when we came home he was acting very wierd. He took a really long time to walk down the stairs, he wouldn't catch treats, he walked around everything like it was going to hurt him, and he was shaking. I called the vet right away. They were closing right then but gave me an appointment this morning. So Kris took him this morning and dropped him off. Our aunt Marsha went and picked him up today. I just got off the phone with the doctor and he thinks that he had a seizure and it just took him a while to get his bearings back.

I have offically become one of those people that I have made fun of in the past. I love my dog and almost cried last night at the thought of him being sick or in pain. I made my husband go into work late to take him to the doctor. That's not all. We bought him an orthopedic bed and he has his own 'diaper bag' that we take with us when he goes to grandma and grandpa Fullers (my mom and stepdads). I even have a basket that keeps his toys in it so he can pick which toy he wants to play with. You should never make fun of people because you end up doing the same thing.

I had a dog when I was little, her name was Penny and she was a beagle. I loved her but it is different when the dog lives in your house. When they are around you every moment you get to know them. It's crazy, I know but if you have a dog then you understand and if you don't then you can laugh at me.

No comments: