Friday, July 28, 2006

My grandmother

Hello all, My family needs prayer. A little background info first.
My grandfather passed away in Feb. of this year. It was pretty sad and amazing at the same time. My grandfather was a retired pastor and during worship service on a Sunday night he was dancing at the front of the church, then he went and sat down, his mother turned to give his bible; he took it and then just lay down in the pew. The doctor's said that he had a massive heart attack. My great grandmother said it was so peaceful. It is always sad when someone dies but to know that he was worshiping here and then seconds later he was worshipping in heaven is so awesome. His funeral was amazing. It was the biggest visitation that the funeral home had ever seen. My grandfather had touched so many lives and the funeral was about salvation, just the way he wanted it.
My grandmother, his wife, was just diagnosed this week with lung cancer in stage four with spots on her brain. She is in the hospital and they are giving her radiation this weekend. My prayer is for her pain of course. Then the second part is for her three daughters. In the last five years our family has lost my dad, two aunts, an uncle, a great grandmother, and my grandfather. It has been tough especially for the unsaved people in the family. Death is so final when you are an unbeliever. I am sad but I know I will see these people again. So that's my prayer request today.

1 comment:

Dave & Leah Flaton said...

Hey Kris and Chrissy,

It's so good to keep up with you guys through your blog. I will say a prayer for your family anytime you guys cross my mind. I'll tell Dave to pray for your family as well. And of course, we're praying that the coming months will be exciting, joyous, and healthy for you both. Love you guys!

Leah and Dave