Thursday, April 16, 2009

What a day....

Yesterday Kris found out that his company is doing a 2.5% pay decrease for everyone, which stinks. Right now our budget doesn't work on paper but it works out every month so we are believing that God will continue to take care of us.

We had a long day today. I woke up this morning at 7:30 when Abby woke up (she slept from 10pm to 7:30am, it was nice) As soon as I woke up I smelled dog pee, so I had to track that down. It was in Adyson's room, so I had to green machine the carpet. (Rufus is 15 years old and has lots of accidents anymore so I don't get mad but its still gross and not fun to wake up to) The girls did not feel good. Abby would cry if you sat down while holding her, she was happy when she was being held and walking around the house. Adyson wanted the opposite, she wanted me to sit down so she could be in my lap with my arm around her or she would cry. So I took turns making them happy, which meant one of them was always crying. Adyson ate half a bagel and drank water but refused to go to the bathroom all day. Finally an 40 minutes before Kris got home I got both of them to sleep. So I ran thru the house trying to clean and the washer overflowed water all over the hallway, first time that has ever happened to me. So I cleaned that up and Kris helped me move the washer and dryer to get under them. The girls woke up in great moods, we had dinner and watched a movie. Adyson finally went to the bathroom before she went to bed. I went to check on her before I went to bed and she was running a 103.8 fever, so I got her Tylenol and a cool bath. As I was looking for where I sat the thermometer down she started throwing up in her room. So I was back on my knees with the green machine cleaning her floor. I rocked her to sleep and she is down to a 101.2 fever, so I won't sleep much tonight checking on her.

I am thankful for my green machine and that Abby isn't throwing up. All in all it wasn't a bad day just a few unpleasant moments.

No comments: