Friday, March 30, 2007

5 weeks old

Our baby is 5 weeks old. I can't believe it. At her 1 month appointment she weighed 8 lbs and 15 oz and was 22 inches long. That was a jump from two weeks before of 7lbs and 3oz. She is getting so big. We put her in an adorable outfit today (it is a white and purple hoodie and pants with Cutie on the front) and she fit. She didn't fit just two weeks ago. She is starting to grow out of anything newborn with feet, she is getting so long. Kris and I were a little sad today b/c she has changed so much lately. She holds her head for longer, laughs and smiles at us not just the ceiling or in her sleep, she is staying up for longer periods of time, and eating more. She is growing up. She must of been having a great dream today b/c she was laughing really hard in her sleep, we have never heard her laugh that hard with us. She also likes to sing. Her favorite song right now is Old McDonald, she laughs and smiles at that one but she just doesn't get the song BINGO, she looks at me wierd. Kris was playing some worship music tonight and she was making noises like she was singing along with it. She is the happiest when we are talking to her, or when she is looking at herself in the mirror above her swing, or when she is taking a shower especially getting her hair washed.

Being married has always been the greatest thing I have ever experienced but being a mom comes right along side of it. It's a funny feeling. I have always thought and prayed for this time in my life even when I was a little girl, being married and being a mom. I have always known that those two things would be the greatest things that I do in my life and now that it is here it is rather surreal.

No comments: