Saturday, April 19, 2008

An injured Kris

So we were going to have an art auction/show at my school. I have been showing my students different art pieces and they have been really excited about painting and creating. Kris had an idea that we should make them framed art canvas for them to paint on, so we did. Well we had to make 22. I helped him with most of them but I had to give Addy a bath and put her to bed while he was finishing up the last of the frames. Well long story short, Kris shot a nail thru his thumb on the second to last frame with the air nailer. He pulled it out by himself and almost passed out from the pain. He didn't tell me until I came downstairs and saw blood on the kitchen floor so I cleaned it and wrapped it up for him. The next day he got a tetanus shot, which made him run a fever, feel horrible, and not able to lift his arm up, he even took a half day off of work. Then after all that the art fair was cancelled. He wasn't happy but we are going to paint them for the summer social so it was all not for nothing. We made some longer canvas pieces for Addy's class to paint on and they did theirs yesterday.

No comments: